The Finley Country Club and COVID-19
Tough new COVID-19 compliance measures for pubs
New rules will be introduced to pubs across NSW that will limit group bookings to a maximum of 10 people and cap the number of customers inside a venue to 300 people following a concerning rise in COVID-19 cases.
Tough new compliance measures will also see dedicated Hygiene Marshalls patrol venues to keep customers safe and ensure the mandatory implementation of a COVID-Safe plan.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the new measures, agreed to by the NSW Australian Hotels Association, will come into force at 12:01am Friday 17 July 2020.
“We are at a crucial stage of the pandemic in NSW – we want venues strictly implementing their COVID-Safe plans and customers abiding by the rules of the venue they are in,” Ms Berejiklian said.
“It is critical people remember when they are at a venue they remain seated. This reduces the risk of transmission.”
Under the new measures, pubs across NSW will be required to implement the following:
- the number of people per booking or table will be reduced from 20 people to 10.
- a cap of 300 people in a venue at any one time.
- compulsory COVID-Safe registration through Service NSW.
- a dedicated COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall in distinctive clothing must oversee social distancing, cleaning and hygiene at the venue.
- large hotels with a capacity of greater than 250 people are to have a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall on duty whenever the hotel is open.
- smaller hotels with a capacity of less than 250 are to have a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall employed in peak periods (lunch 12pm to 3pm and dinner 5pm to 9pm).
- paper sign-in will still be permitted, but hotels must create a digital record of patron names and phone numbers (excel or word) to be submitted within 24 hours.
- ensure all patrons provide their name and contact details accurately.
- encouraged to strongly promote QR code sign-in.
Conditions of Entry
Welcome to the Country Club once again. We are finally open, all be it with a number of restrictions in place, designed to keep you safe and minimise risk of the spread of COVID-19. This is the second stage of relaxing of restrictions and with your cooperation and recognition of current guidelines, we anticipate a further relaxation in the coming weeks.
Please see guidelines below:
Entry to the HOTEL over the next 3 weeks will be by way of the FRONT BAR located at the southern end of the building.
On Entry you will need to leave us your Name and Phone Number (or email address). A sign in book will be provided. This applies to diners, drinkers, tradies, delivery persons, food and drink take away/pick up patrons, everyone (except minors – their parents will have already signed in).
Sanitiser will be provided at the door for you to wash your hands before seating.
If you are feeling unwell or have a temperature you should stay at home. Please try to minimise contact on surrounding surface areas.
You may purchase a drink without having to purchase food.
You must sit and stay at the table allocated to you and your party. You cannot mingle between tables.
You are allowed to order drinks and food at the bar between the designated (yellow) marked areas.
You will have to maintain social distance of 1.5m between patrons waiting for service at the bar and in queues. Green markers have been placed on the floor.
You are allowed to sit at your designated table as normal. Tables will need to be at a distance of 1.5 metres apart at all times.
There is a maximum of 10 people per table, at this time (a table designed for 4 cannot hold 10 people).
Family groups may sit together.
Condiments will be available on request (tomato sauce, etc).
All cutlery and crockery have been packaged hygienically and our staff are trained in safety protocol for COVID-19 along with existing safe food handling procedures.
Our staff will always sanitise their hands after collection of used plates, glasses, cutlery.
We want you to have a great experience at the hotel and understand that you may not be aware of certain protocols. Our staff are there to assist you with any queries you may have.
If the staff observe any breaches of protocol, they may direct you to change your current action. Heavy penalties apply to us and you if we breach guidelines, so you will be required to follow any directions given.
We value and respect you and ask that you show the same to all our staff and other patrons. We have a zero tolerance to verbal or physical abuse.
Due to the continuing updates we have with information regarding COVID-19. The following will apply. Your safety is paramount, that is first and foremost.
Our restaurant will be open for take away and sit-down meals until we are informed about non-essential service closures.
Our temporary opening hours will be 12 noon until 8:30, Monday to Saturday, or until advised otherwise.
Lunch service will be 12 noon to 1:30pm.
Dinner 6pm until 8pm
We will close at 6:30 tonight.
Any motel bookings may order room service until further notice.
We have reduced our seating capacity to fall well below the existing guidelines and only limited numbers of patrons may eat at any one time.
Like all the business’s in Finley and Australia, we wish every one good health and that we will all return to normal as soon as we can.
The Finley Country Club Hotel Motel is committed to the health and well-being of our community, patrons and staff.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation, we have been closely monitoring and remain prepared to action any advice from the State and Federal authorities.
Our business is currently operating as per usual, and to date there has been no incidence of COVID-19 being reported at the Hotel.
Appropriate measures and procedures are in place to mitigate unnecessary risk. Inclusive of, but not limited to;
- Ensuring patrons and staff utilise hand sanitisers on entering the premises and during the time spent with us.
- Increased use of sanitisers to bar, tables, chairs and furniture.
- Educating employees on important prevention measures, including a deployment of appropriate signage and frequent digital communications.
- Avoidance of any person with cold or flu like symptoms.
- Enhanced and more stringent daily facility clean.
- Cleaning surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Increased stock of hand sanitiser deployed to locations around the property.
We are taking additional measures including the sanitisation of:
- Interior and exterior touch points such as; door handles, cutlery crockery and Condiments.
- Motel room cleaning and sanitation.
The government has relayed to hotels and the like that there may not be any more than 100 people present at an internal gathering. We are aware and advise that:
- We cannot book functions of more than 80 people until advised to the contrary.
- Prior to any function being confirmed, we will advise on safeguards we can take to minimise any risk to patrons and staff.
We recognise that new guidelines have been issued regarding self-isolation, aged care, common sense and we offer the following:
- Our restaurant and bar will remain open, however more stringent sanitisation procedures will be actioned to minimise risk.
- Home delivery and Take away options will now apply for all service times. This for our whole menu.
- Room Service will be available for all motel guests and can be delivered to other motels in the area.
We will continue to monitor advice released by authorities and will be continually reviewing our practices in line with any recommendations. Lastly, thank you for your continued support.
Please keep supporting all hospitality business in Finley, where you can. We all thank you for your patronage and we will really need your support over the next few months.